If your swimming pool has high alkalinity and pH, below are a few tips on how to lower.
- Take accurate readings of TA and pH using a reliable test kit.
- Mix muriatic and and water and distribute it evenly in your swimming pool. Use a pool calculator to get the right amount of acid needed. Your level should be 100 ppm.
- Let the pool water naturally aerate without using any jets, waterfalls, fountains, return pointer, air compressors, etc. Aeration helps bring up the pH level if it goes too low. The recommended level of pH is 7.4 to 7.6.
- Test your pool after six hours, then 24 hours and 48 hours to make sure all chemicals are balanced.
- If pH levels are still too low after 48 hours, and you want to speed up the process, you can use an air compressor to accelerate the aeration process.
Natural aeration is recommended. Extra care should be taken to avoid over-aeration if you decide to use aerators because over-aeration raises the pH levels and lowers the calcium carbonate levels, which can cause serious damage to the pool.
Call Ohana Pool & Spa to check your swimming pool’s chemical levels and get them balanced so your pool can operate efficiently.
Our services include weekly Maui swimming pool cleaning, maintenance, repairs, water testing, inspection of pool equipment, plaster and resurfacing of your existing Maui swimming pool.