Are you looking for ways to accelerate your exercise routine? Bored with the gym? Go to the pool instead. Swimming is an amazing calorie burner. Depending on things like gender, body type, and weight, swimming in the pool for an hour can burn almost 1,000 calories!
- Swimming is a low-impact exercise. Running can be hard on the joints, but not swimming. This exercise burns calories, but at the same time, it’s low-impact. This makes swimming an ideal form of exercise for seniors, people recovering from injuries and people with arthritis that make them vulnerable to joint damage.
- Swimming is also a great whole-body workout. You may not feel like you are working hard as sunshine hits your face and cool pool water laps against your skin. Swimming is certainly a full body workout that burns calories like any other fitness routine.
- Swimming is cardio and strength training in one. Swimming tones your cardiovascular system, ultimately helping you to breathe more effectively as you build endurance. Water makes you feel light, but it is actually over 780 times denser than air. You will work every muscle of your body as you press through this dense resistance to glide through the pool.
- Water exercise is safe for people with injuries. Swimming is the ideal calorie burning exercise for those recovering from injuries because water creates a buoyant state. For those people who can’t swim, calorie-burning exercises like walking in the water, water weight training or kicking with a paddle board can be a great substitute.
- Water is a natural mood booster. Swimming offers particular mood boosting capabilities. Medical experts dating back to Hippocrates have recommended hydrotherapy for both physical and mental health. Water creates a tranquil state, soothing the stress and anxiety of overstimulated senses in the world.
- The pool is calorie-burning fun for everyone. There are not many sports that toddlers, teens and middle-aged adults can enjoy together. Learning to swim at an early age develops a skill that can be used long into the senior years.
Contact Ohana Pool & Spa to make sure your Maui swimming pool’s water chemistry is ready for you to jump in and enjoy!
Our services include weekly Maui swimming pool cleaning, inspection, water chemistry testing, maintenance, chemicals, plaster and resurfacing of your existing Maui swimming pool.